What may be considered "current" time in a multi-decade spanning show about time travel is surprisingly debatable. However, Ameila Pond was introduced in "The Eleventh Hour" first broadcast in 2010, and some "current" dates relating to Amy Pond's interactions with the Doctor are stated in the stories or deducible:
- Jan 1, 2005 -- the Doctor departs but damages the Tardis while in flight during an especially violent regeneration in the "The End of Time", Part 2.
- 1996 -- "The Eleventh Hour" begins with scenes showing the newly regenerated Doctor crashing and meeting Amelia Pond as a seven-year-old.
- 2008 -- The "main part" of "The Eleventh Hour" (with Prisoner Zero and the Atraxi) when Amy is 19.
- June 25, 2010 -- the Doctor returns again and Amy finally gets to travel with him at 21. ("The Eleventh Hour") Five minutes after departing they return ("Flesh and Stone") and depart again with Rory. (Vampires of Venice)
- June 26, 2010 -- Amy and Rory's wedding day.
- April 22, 2011 -- The "fixed point in time" at Lake Silencio which frames most of the events in 2011's Season 6. ("The Impossible Astronaut", "The Wedding of River Song", and others)
Note: The rapid shifting of "current" time in "The Eleventh Hour" may be especially confusing. The opening scenes show the TARDIS out of control over London. The Millennium Dome and other landmarks indicate that it was still after the turn of the century (2000 or later). However, what we saw was a crashing time machine and, when she finally crashed on Amy's shed in Leadworth, she had fallen further back in time -- to 1996.